Shoots images continuously while you press and hold down the shutter button.
- Turn the drive mode dial and select the desired mode.
- Turn the drive mode dial while pressing the drive mode dial lock release button.
Setting item details
- Continuous Shooting: Hi / Continuous Shooting: Mid/ Continuous Shooting: Lo
|Mechanical Shut.||Auto/Electronic Shut. *1|
|Continuous Shooting: Hi||5 images per second at maximum*2||20 images per second at maximum*2 *3 *4|
|Continuous Shooting: Mid||5 images per second at maximum*2||10 images per second at maximum*2|
|Continuous Shooting: Lo||2.5 images per second at maximum||5 images per second at maximum*2|
*1 The value shown is the shooting speed when [Aperture Drive in AF] is set to [Standard]. When [Aperture Drive in AF] is set to [Focus Priority], the speed of continuous shooting may become slower.
*2 The focus is locked to the setting in the first shot when [Aperture Drive in AF] is set to [Standard] or [ Silent Priority ], and the F-value is greater than F11.
*3 When the Focus Mode is set to AF-C (Continuous AF), the speed of continuous shooting varies depending on the attached lens. For details, check the support page on compatible lenses.
*4 During uncompressed RAW shooting, 12 images are shot per second at maximum.
- To continuously adjust the focus and exposure during continuous shooting, set as follows:
- [Focus Mode]: [Continuous AF]
- [AEL w/ shutter]: [Off] or [Auto]
- Continuous shooting is unavailable in the following situations:
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Rich-tone Mono.].
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR].