Using a flash with a sync terminal cord
- Open the cover of (flash sync) terminal (A), and connect the cord.
- If the screen is too dark to check the composition, set [Live View Display] to [Setting Effect OFF] to make it easy to check the composition when shooting with a flash.
- Flashes that have a sync terminal with reversed polarity can be used with this product.
- Set the exposure mode to manual exposure (other than ISO AUTO is recommended for ISO sensitivity), and set the shutter speed to the slower of the following values or slower:
- 1/200 seconds
- The shutter speed recommended by the flash.
- Use flashes with a sync voltage of 400 V or lower.
- Turn off the flash connected to the sync cord when you connect the sync cord to the (flash sync) terminal. Otherwise, the flash may emit light when the sync cord is connected.
- The flash power level is set to full power. [Flash Comp.] cannot be set.
- Auto white balance function is not recommended. Use the custom white balance function to achieve a more accurate white balance.
- When a flash is connected to the (flash sync) terminal, the flash indicator will not be displayed.
- Flash cannot be used when [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shut.].