AF Illuminator (still image)
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. In the time between pressing the shutter button halfway down and locking the focus, the red AF illuminator lights up to allow the camera to focus easily.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF Illuminator] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The AF illuminator lights up automatically in dark surroundings.
- Does not use the AF illuminator.
- You cannot use [AF Illuminator] in the following situations:
- When the shooting mode is [Movie] or [S&Q Motion].
- When the focus mode is set to [Continuous AF].
- When [Focus Magnifier] is activated.
- When a Mount Adaptor is attached.
- The AF illuminator emits a very bright light. Although there is no health hazard, do not look directly into the AF illuminator at close range.