Recording audio from an external device without the synchronized recording function (SYNC REC)
You can make music files without using a computer by recording audio/music from the device (a radio cassette recorder, a tape recorder, TV, etc.) connected to your IC recorder.
- If the input audio volume is not loud enough, connect the audio connection cable from your IC recorder to the headphones jack (stereo mini-jack) on the external device, adjust the volume of the external device while checking on the peak meters [Details] on the IC recorder's display window.
- While no IC recorder operations are in progress, connect an external device () to the (microphone) jack on the IC recorder.
Use an audio connection cable to connect the audio output jack (stereo mini-jack) on the external device and the (microphone) jack on the IC recorder.
“Ext. Input Setting” appears on the display window. If not, use the OPTION menu to select “Audio IN” for “Ext. Input Setting.” [Details]
- Press or to select “Audio IN,” and then press .“Use SYNC REC Function to Record?” appears on the display.
- Press or to select “No,” and then press .
- Press REC/PAUSE to start recording.appears on the display window and the IC recorder starts recording audio from the connected external device.
- Start playback on the connected external device.
- To stop recording, press STOP.