Using the transcription playback mode
In the transcription playback mode, you can fast-forward or fast-rewind to search for a particular point as well as use the DPC (Digital Pitch Control) function to slow down the playback speed. This is useful when you want to transcribe a recorded file of a meeting, etc.
- While playback is on standby, select “Transcription Playback Mode” on the OPTION menu, and then press .
- Press to start playback.
You can use the following functions while your IC recorder is in the transcription playback mode.
DPC: You can change the playback speed to help you understand what you are listening more easily. Press DPC (Digital Pitch Control) to display the DPC (Speed Control) setting screen.
Press or to select “ON,” and press / to adjust the playback speed, and then press .
- Easy Search: You can quickly search the file for the desired point by pressing /.
- Cue/Review: You can search the file for the desired point by pressing and holding /.
- If the sleep timer [Details] is active and the specified period of time expires, your IC recorder will automatically turns off even when it is in the transcription playback mode.
- When your IC recorder is placed in the transcription playback mode, you cannot:
- use the playback mode.
- turn on the A-B repeat function.
- To stop playback, press STOP.
- To exit the transcription playback mode, select “End Transcription Playback Mode” on the OPTION menu while your IC recorder is in the transcription playback mode or playback is on standby.
- To listen to other files, press BACK/HOME to display the file list, and then select a file.