Shoots an image using the self-timer after a designated number of seconds have elapsed since the shutter button was pressed. Use the 5-second/10-second self-timer when you are going to be in the picture, and use the 2-second self-timer to reduce camera-shake caused by pressing the shutter button.
Select (Self-timer) by turning the drive mode dial.
- Turn the drive mode dial while holding down the drive mode dial lock release button.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Self-timer Type] → [Self-timer(Single)] → desired mode.
- The setting screen for [Self-timer Type] can be displayed by pressing the Fn button.
Adjust the focus and shoot the image.The self-timer lamp flashes, a beep sounds, and a picture is taken after the designated number of seconds have elapsed.
Menu item details
The mode determines the number of seconds until a picture is taken after the shutter button is pressed.
- Self-timer(Single): 10 sec
- Self-timer(Single): 5 sec
- Self-timer(Single): 2 sec
- Press the shutter button again to stop the count of the self-timer.
- Select a drive mode other than (Self-timer) by turning the drive mode dial to cancel the self-timer.
- Set [Audio signals] to [Off] to turn off the beeping sound during the self-timer countdown.
- To use the self-timer in bracket mode, select (Bracket) by turning the drive mode dial, then select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Bracket Settings] → [Selftimer during Bracket].