Registering the current focus area (AF Area Registration) (still image)
You can move the focusing frame to a preassigned position temporarily using a custom key. This function is useful when shooting scenes in which the subject’s movements are predictable; for example, sports scenes. With this function, you can switch the focus area quickly according to the situation.
How to register focus area
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF Area Registration] → [On].
- Set the focus area to the desired position and then hold down the Fn (Function) button.
How to call up the registered focus area
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] → desired key, then select [Regist. AF Area hold].
- Set the camera to the shooting mode, hold down the key to which [Regist. AF Area hold] has been assigned and then press the shutter button to shoot images.
- When a focusing frame is registered using [AF Area Registration], the registered focusing frame flashes on the monitor.
- If you assign [Regist AF Area tggle] to a custom key, you can use the registered focusing frame without holding down the key.
- If [Reg. AF Area+AF On] is assigned to a custom key, auto focusing using the registered focusing frame is performed when the key is pressed.
- A focus area cannot be registered in the following situations:
- The mode dial is set to either (Movie) or
- While [Touch Focus] is being performed
- While using the digital zoom function
- While [Touch Tracking] is being performed
- While focusing
- While performing focus lock
- You cannot assign [Regist. AF Area hold] to [Left Button], [Right Button], or [Down Button].
- You cannot call up the registered focus area in the following situations:
- The mode dial is set to either (Auto Mode), (Movie) or
- When [AF Area Registration] is set to [On], the [Lock Operation Parts] setting is locked to [Off].