You can write IPTC information* when recording still images. Create and edit IPTC information using the IPTC Metadata Preset (https://www.sony.net/iptc/help/) and write the information to a memory card beforehand.
*IPTC information consists of digital image metadata attributes, as standardized by the International Press Telecommunications Council.
- MENU → (Setup) → [IPTC Information] → desired setting item.
Menu item details
- Write IPTC Info:
- Sets whether to write IPTC information to still images. ([On]/[Off])
- If you select [On], the icon will appear on the shooting screen.
- Register IPTC Info :
- Registers IPTC information from a memory card to the camera. Select [Slot 1] or [Slot 2] as the memory card from which to read out IPTC information.
- When you play back images that have IPTC information, the icon appears on the screen.
- For details on how to use the IPTC Metadata Preset, refer to the following support page.
- Whenever you register IPTC information, information previously registered to the camera is overwritten.
- You cannot edit or check IPTC information on the camera.
- To delete IPTC information registered to the camera, reset the camera to the initial settings.
- Before lending out or handing over the camera, reset the camera to delete IPTC information.