You can shoot a trailing image of the movement of a subject with long exposure.
Bulb shooting is suitable for shooting trails from stars or fireworks, etc.
Set the mode dial to M (Manual Exposure).
Turn the rear dial clockwise until [BULB] is indicated.
Select the aperture value (F-value) using the front dial.
Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.
Press and hold the shutter button for the duration of the shooting.As long as the shutter button is pressed, the shutter remains open.
- When shooting fireworks, etc., focus at infinity in manual focus mode. If you use a lens whose infinity point is unclear, adjust the focus on the fireworks in the area you want to focus on in advance.
- In order to perform bulb shooting without causing the image quality to deteriorate, we recommend that you start shooting while the camera is cool.
- During bulb shooting, images tend to blur. It is recommended that you use a tripod, a Bluetooth remote commander (sold separately) or a remote commander equipped with a lock function (sold separately). When using a Bluetooth remote commander, you can start bulb shooting by pressing the shutter button on the remote commander. To stop bulb shooting, press the shutter button on the remote commander again. To use the other remote commander, use the model which can be connected via the Multi/Micro USB terminal.
- The longer the exposure time, the more noise will be visible on the image.
- When [Long Exposure NR] is set to [On], noise reduction is performed after shooting for the same duration that the shutter was open. You cannot shoot while noise reduction is in progress.
- You cannot set the shutter speed to [BULB] in the following situations:
- [Auto HDR]
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Rich-tone Mono.].
- When [Drive Mode] is set to the following:
- [Cont. Shooting]
- [Cont. Bracket]
- [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter].
- If you set [Drive Mode] to [Cont. Shooting] and [Shutter Type] to [Auto] or [Electronic Shutter] when the shutter speed is set to [BULB], the shutter speed will be temporarily set to 1/8 second.