Send to Smartphone Func.: Send to Smartphone
You can transfer still images, XAVC S movies, slow-motion movies, or quick-motion movies to a smartphone and view them. The application Imaging Edge Mobile must be installed on your smartphone.
MENU → (Network) → [Send to Smartphone Func.] → [Send to Smartphone] → desired setting.
- If you press the (Send to Smartphone) button in playback mode, the setting screen for [Send to Smartphone] will appear.
If the product is ready for the transfer, the information screen appears on the product. Connect the smartphone and the product using that information.
- The setting method for connecting the smartphone and the product varies depending on the smartphone.
Menu item details
Select on This Device:
Selects an image on the product to be transferred to the smartphone.
(1) Select from among [This Image], [All Images in This Group], [All with this date] or [Multiple Images].
- The options displayed may differ depending on the View Mode selected on the camera.
(2) If you select [Multiple Images], select the desired images using the center of the control wheel, then press MENU → [Enter].
Select on Smartphone:
Displays all images recorded on the product’s memory card on the smartphone.
- You can only transfer images that are saved on the camera's memory card.
- You can only transfer images that are saved on the memory card in the memory card slot being played back. To change which memory card slot is being played back, select MENU → (Playback) → [Select Playback Media] → the desired slot.
- You can select an image size to be sent to the smartphone from [Original], [2M] or [VGA].
To change the image size, refer to the following steps.
- For Android smartphone
Start Imaging Edge Mobile, and change the image size by [Settings] → [Copy Image Size].
- For iPhone/iPad
Select Imaging Edge Mobile in the setting menu, and change the image size by [Copy Image Size].
- For Android smartphone
- RAW images are converted to JPEG format when they are sent.
- You cannot send AVCHD format movies.
- Depending on the smartphone, the transferred movie may not be played back correctly. For example, the movie may not play smoothly, or there may be no sound.
- Depending on the format of the still image, movie, slow-motion movie, or quick-motion movie, it may not be possible to play it back on a smartphone.
- This product shares the connection information for [Send to Smartphone] with a device that has permission to connect. If you want to change the device that is permitted to connect to the product, reset the connection information by following these steps. MENU → (Network) → [Wi-Fi Settings] → [SSID/PW Reset]. After resetting the connection information, you must register the smartphone again.
- When [Airplane Mode] is set to [On], you cannot connect this product and the smartphone. Set [Airplane Mode] to [Off].