Long Exposure NR (still image)
When you set the shutter speed to 1 second(s) or longer (long exposure shooting), noise reduction is turned on for the duration that the shutter is open. With the function turned on, the grainy noise typical of long exposures is reduced.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Long Exposure NR] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Activates noise reduction for the same duration that the shutter is open. When noise reduction is in progress, a message appears and you cannot take another picture. Select this to prioritize the image quality.
- Does not activate noise reduction. Select this to prioritize the timing of shooting.
- [Long Exposure NR] is not available when [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter].
- Noise reduction may not be activated even if [Long Exposure NR] is set to [On] in the following situations:
- [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting] or [Cont. Bracket].
[Long Exposure NR] cannot be set to [Off] in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]