Controlling the camera using a smartphone (NFC One-touch remote)
You can connect this product to an NFC-enabled smartphone by touching them together and then operate the product using the smartphone.
Make sure that [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] is set to [On] by selecting MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone].
- Activate the NFC function of the smartphone.
- On an iPhone/iPad, launch Imaging Edge Mobile, and then select [Scan NFC/QR Code of the Camera] → [Scan NFC of the Camera] to activate the NFC function.
- Switch this product to shooting mode.
- The NFC function is available only when the (N-Mark) is displayed on the screen.
- Keep touching the smartphone to the camera for 1 to 2 seconds.
The smartphone and the camera are connected.
- You can shoot an image via remote control while checking the composition of the image on the Imaging Edge Mobile screen.
NFC is a technology that enables short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as mobile phones or IC tags, etc. NFC makes data communication simpler with just a touch on the designated touch-point.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is an international standard of short-range wireless communication technology.
- If you cannot make a connection, do as the following:
- Launch Imaging Edge Mobile on your smartphone, and then move the smartphone slowly toward the (N-Mark) of this product.
- If the smartphone is in a case, remove it.
- If the product is in a case, remove it.
- Check whether the NFC function is activated on your smartphone.
- Radio wave interference may occur as Bluetooth communications and Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) communications use the same frequency band. If your Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may be improved by turning off the Bluetooth function of the smartphone. If you do this, the location information link function is not available.
- When [Airplane Mode] is set to [On], you cannot connect this product and the smartphone. Set [Airplane Mode] to [Off].
- If this product and the smartphone are connected when the product is in playback mode, the displayed image is sent to the smartphone.