Cleaning the image sensor
If dust or debris gets inside the camera and adheres to the surface of the image sensor (the part that converts the light to an electric signal), it may appear as dark spots on the image, depending on the shooting environment. If this happens, follow the steps below to clean the image sensor.
- Confirm that the battery has been charged sufficiently.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Anti-dust Function] → [Cleaning Mode] → [Enter].The image sensor vibrates a little to shake off the dust.
- Detach the lens.
- Use the blower to clean the image sensor surface and the surrounding area.
- Turn off the camera.
- Attach the lens.
- For how to check the amount of dust on the image sensor, and for further details on cleaning methods, please refer to the following URL.
- When executing the cleaning mode, attach or remove the lens with the camera turned on.
- Do not turn off the camera during cleaning.
- Clean the image sensor quickly.
- A blower is not supplied with this product. Use a commercially available blower.
- Make sure that the remaining battery level is (3 remaining battery icons) or more, before performing the cleaning.
- Do not use a spray type blower as it may scatter water droplets inside the camera body.
- Do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the lens mount area, so that the tip of the blower does not touch the image sensor.
- Hold the camera slightly face downward so that the dust falls out.
- Do not subject the product to any shock during cleaning.
- When cleaning the image sensor with a blower, do not blow too hard. If you blow the sensor too hard, the inside of the product may be damaged.
- If the dust remains even after you cleaned the product as described, consult the service facility.