The zoom features available with this product
The zoom feature of the product provides a higher magnification zoom by combining various zoom features. The icon displayed on the screen changes, according to the selected zoom feature.
When a power zoom lens is mounted:
When a lens other than a power zoom lens is mounted:
Optical zoom range
Zoom images in the zoom range of a lens.
When a power zoom lens is mounted, the zoom bar of the optical zoom range is displayed.
When a lens other than a power zoom lens is mounted, the zoom slider is fixed at the left end of the zoom bar while the zoom position is in the optical zoom range (displayed as ×1.0).
Smart Zoom range ()
Zoom images without causing the original quality to deteriorate by partially cropping an image (only when [JPEG Image Size] is set to [M] or [S]).
Clear Image Zoom range ()
Zoom images using an image process with less deterioration. When you set [Zoom Setting] to [ClearImage Zoom] or [Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
Digital Zoom range ()
You can magnify images using an image process. When you set [Zoom Setting] to [Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
- The default setting for the [Zoom Setting] is [Optical zoom only].
- The default setting for the [JPEG Image Size] is [L]. To use the smart zoom, change [JPEG Image Size] to [M] or [S].
The Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom and Digital Zoom functions are not available when shooting in the following situations:
- [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG].
- [Record Setting] is set to [120p]/[100p].
- During slow-motion/quick-motion shooting with the [Frame Rate] set to [120fps]/[100fps]
- During continuous shooting with [Shutter Type] set to [Auto] or [Electronic Shutter]
- You cannot use the Smart Zoom function with movies.
- When a power zoom lens is mounted, you cannot use [Zoom] under MENU. If you enlarge image past the optical zoom range, the product automatically switches to another [Zoom] function than the optical zoom.
- When you use a zoom function other than the optical zoom, the [Focus Area] setting is disabled and the focusing frame is shown by the dotted line. The AF operates with priority on and around the center area.
- When you use the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom or Digital Zoom function, [Metering Mode] is locked to [Multi].
When using the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom or Digital Zoom function, the following functions are not available:
- Face/Eye Priority in AF
- Face Priority in Multi Metering
- Tracking function
- To use another zoom function than the optical zoom for movies, assign [Zoom] to the desired key using [Custom Key].