Tuning to a station directly (Direct Tuning)
You can enter the frequency of a station directly.
- Select [Listen] - [FM TUNER] or [AM TUNER] from the home menu.If the Simple mode screen appears, switch to the Full mode screen by pressing OPTIONS and selecting [Full] in [FM/AM Display] from the options menu.
- Press /// to select the Frequency indication and then press .
- Enter the frequency using ///.
- Press / to select a digit.
- Press / to change the digit.
- Press .
- If the tuned frequency is invalid or out of range, [---.-- MHz] or [---- kHz] appears and then the screen returns to the current frequency.
Make sure you have entered the right frequency. If not, repeat steps 3 and 4. If you still cannot tune to a station, the frequency may not be in use in your area.
- Adjust the direction of the AM loop antenna (aerial) for optimum reception upon tuning to an AM station.
- The tuning scale for direct tuning is shown below:
- FM: 100 kHz
- AM: 10 kHz (*)
* The AM tuning scale can be changed. For details, see “Changing the AM tuning scale.”