When using an eARC-compatible TV that supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio output
The receiver can receive Dolby Atmos and DTS:X signals sent from a TV or other connected devices. When you connect an eARC-compatible TV to the receiver, in addition to the audio formats already supported by conventional ARC, you can also enjoy object-based audio formats such as Dolby Atmos - Dolby TrueHD and DTS:X as well as Multi Channel Linear PCM, which cannot be transmitted by ARC.
If you use a TV compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X output, perform the following settings on the receiver in order to play back Dolby Atmos and DTS:X-compatible content sent from the TV.
- Turn on the eARC function on the TV.
The eARC output from the TV will be enabled.
- Set the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X output of the TV to enable it.
For details, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.
- Select [Setup] – [HDMI Setup] – [Audio Return Channel] – [eARC] on the receiver.
eARC signals from the TV can now be received.
- Select [Setup] – [Input Setup] – [Input Mode] – [Auto] on the receiver.
- Press HDMI OUT to select [HDMI OUT A].
- Turn off any settings for the operation of other devices on the TV’s remote control.
- Switch the input of the receiver to [TV].
- If your TV has a similar menu for eARC, also check the relevant settings on the TV when you select [eARC] for [Audio Return Channel] on the receiver. For details, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.