2. Before you perform Auto Calibration
Before you perform Auto Calibration, check the following items:
- Set up and connect the speakers.
- Do not connect any microphones other than the supplied calibration microphone to the CALIBRATION MIC jack.
- If using a bi-amplifier connection or speakers with a front B connection, set the assignment for the SPEAKERS SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT (FRONT B/BI-AMP/ZONE 2) terminals properly. For details, see “Assigning the surround back speaker terminals (SB Speaker Assign).”
- Set the speaker output to a setting other than [SPEAKERS OFF]. For details, see “4. Selecting the front speakers.”
- Remove any obstructions between the calibration microphone and the speakers.
- For accurate measurement, make sure the environment is quiet and free from noise.
- The speakers emit very loud sound during the calibration and the volume cannot be adjusted. Be considerate of your neighbors and any children who are present.
- If the muting function has been activated before you perform Auto Calibration, the muting function will shut off automatically.
- It may not be possible to take the correct measurements or to perform Auto Calibration at all if special speakers such as dipole speakers are used.