You can express the movement of a moving subject in various ways by adjusting the shutter speed, for example, at the instant of the movement with high speed shutter, or as a trailing image with low speed shutter.
- MODE (Mode) button → [Shutter Priority] → press the center of the control wheel.
- You can also set the shooting mode by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Shoot Mode].
- Select the desired value by turning the control wheel.
- If proper exposure cannot be obtained after setup, the aperture value on the shooting screen blinks. If this happens, change the shutter speed.
- Adjust the focus and shoot the subject.The aperture is automatically adjusted to obtain proper exposure.
- Use a tripod to prevent camera-shake when you have selected a slow shutter speed.
- When you shoot indoor sports scenes, set the ISO sensitivity to a higher value.
- The SteadyShot warning indicator does not appear in shutter speed priority mode.
- When [Long Exposure NR] is set to [On] and the shutter speed is 1/3 second(s) or longer with a [Shutter Type] other than [Electronic Shutter] is set, noise reduction after shooting is performed for the same amount of time that the shutter was open. However, you cannot shoot any more while noise reduction is in progress.
- The brightness of the image on the screen may differ from the actual image being shot.