You can select the zoom setting of the product.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Zoom Setting] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Optical zoom only:
- Limits the zoom range to the optical zoom. You can use the Smart Zoom function if you set [JPEG Image Size] to [M], [S] or [VGA].
- ClearImage Zoom :
- Select this setting to use Clear Image Zoom. Even if the zoom range exceeds the optical zoom, the product magnifies images using an image process with less deterioration.
- Digital Zoom :
- When the zoom range of the Clear Image Zoom is exceeded, the product magnifies images to the largest scale. However, the image quality will deteriorate.
- Set [Optical zoom only] if you want to magnify images within the range in which image quality does not deteriorate.