Charging the battery pack while it is inserted in the camera
- Turn the power off.
- Make sure that the battery pack is inserted, and connect the camera to a commercially available AC adaptor, etc. using the micro USB cable (supplied). Then, connect the AC adaptor to a wall outlet (wall socket).
Charge lamp on the camera (orange)
Off: Charging finished
Flashing: Charging error or charging paused temporarily because the camera is not within the proper temperature range
- Charging time (Full charge): The charging time is approximately 150 min. (when using an AC adaptor with a rated output of 1.5 A).
- The above charging time applies when charging a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25 °C (77 °F). Charging may take longer depending on conditions of use and circumstances.
- The charge lamp turns off when charging is completed.
- If the charge lamp lights up and then immediately turns off, the battery pack is fully charged.
- When you use an AC adaptor, use one with a rated output of 1.5 A or higher.
- If the charge lamp flashes when the battery pack is not fully charged, remove the battery pack or disconnect the USB cable from the camera and then re-insert it to recharge.
- If the charge lamp on the camera flashes when the AC adaptor, etc. is connected to the wall outlet (wall socket), this indicates that charging is temporarily stopped because the temperature is outside the recommended range. When the temperature gets back within the appropriate range, the charging resumes. We recommend charging the battery pack at an ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C (50ºF to 86ºF).
- Use a nearby wall outlet (wall socket) when using the AC Adaptor/Battery Charger. If any malfunction occurs, disconnect the plug from the wall outlet (wall socket) immediately to disconnect from the power source.
If you use the product with a charge lamp, note that the product is not disconnected from the power source even when the lamp turns off.
- If you turn on the camera, power will be supplied from the wall outlet (wall socket) and you will be able to operate the camera. However, the battery pack will not be charged.
- When you use a completely new battery pack or a battery pack that has not been used for a long time, the charge lamp may flash quickly when the battery is charged. If this happens, remove the battery pack or disconnect the USB cable from the camera and then re-insert it to recharge.
- Do not continuously or repeatedly charge the battery pack without using it if it is already fully charged or close to fully charged. Doing so may cause a deterioration in battery performance.
- When charging is finished, disconnect the AC adaptor, etc. from the wall outlet (wall socket).
- Be sure to use only genuine Sony brand battery packs and USB cables (supplied).