Changing shooting modes (Shoot Mode)
You can set the shooting mode according to the subject you wish to shoot or the function you wish to adjust.
- Press the MODE (Mode) button, and then use the control wheel to select the desired shooting mode.
- You can also set the shooting mode by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Shoot Mode].
- (Intelligent Auto):
- Allows you to shoot with automatic scene recognition.
- P (Program Auto):
- Allows you to shoot with the exposure adjusted automatically (both the shutter speed and the aperture value (F value)). Also you can select various settings using the menu.
- A (Aperture Priority):
- Allows you to adjust the aperture and shoot when you want to blur the background, etc.
- S (Shutter Priority):
- Allows you to shoot fast-moving subjects etc., by manually adjusting the shutter speed.
- M (Manual Exposure):
- Allows you to shoot still images with the desired exposure by adjusting the exposure (both the shutter speed and the aperture value (F value)).
- (Sweep Panorama):
- Allows you to shoot a panoramic image by compositing the images.
- SCN (Scene Selection):
- Allows you to shoot with preset settings according to the scene.
- MR (Memory recall):
- Allows you to shoot an image after recalling often-used modes or numeric settings registered in advance.
- (High Frame Rate):
- Allows you to shoot movies with a higher frame rate than the recording format so that you can record smooth super-slow-motion movies.
- Allows you to change the exposure mode for movie recording.
- ( Intelligent Auto):
- Allows you to record movies with automatic scene recognition.