Auto Object Framing (still image)
When this product detects and shoots faces, macro shooting subjects or subjects that are tracked by [Tracking], the product automatically trims the image into an appropriate composition, and then saves it. Both the original and the trimmed images are saved. The trimmed image is recorded in the same size as the original image size.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Auto Object Framing] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Does not trim images.
- Automatically trims images into an appropriate composition.
- The trimmed image may not be the best possible composition, depending on the shooting conditions.
- [Auto Object Framing] cannot be set when [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG].
- [Auto Object Framing] is not available in the following situations.
- When shooting movies
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama]
- The shooting mode is set to [Hand-held Twilight], [Sports Action], [Anti Motion Blur], or [Fireworks] in [Scene Selection]
- [Drive Mode] is set to [Cont. Shooting], [Self-timer(Cont)], [Cont. Bracket], [Single Bracket], [WB bracket], or [DRO Bracket].
- The ISO sensitivity is set to [Multi Frame NR].
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is set to [Auto HDR].
- Other zoom functions than the optical zoom
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Soft Focus], [HDR Painting], [Rich-tone Mono.], [Miniature], [Watercolor], or [Illustration].