Manual Focus (Set Focus)
If it is difficult to focus properly in the autofocus mode, you can adjust the focus manually.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → [Manual Focus].
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Set Focus].
The screen for manual focusing operations will appear.
- The screen for manual focusing operations can also be displayed by pressing the key to which [Focus Standard] has been assigned using [Custom Key] or [Custom Key].
- Press the left/right side of the control wheel or turn the control wheel to adjust the focus.
- The focus distance will be displayed on the screen.
- To enable fine adjustments to the focus under various conditions, the focusing indicator can be moved beyond infinity. When you want to focus at infinity, do not move the indicator to the end of the bar. Instead, adjust the focus while checking the monitor, etc.
- To return to the shooting screen, press the center of the control wheel.
- Press the shutter button all the way down to shoot.
- Using [MF Assist] allows you to manually focus more easily because the image is automatically enlarged during manual focus adjustments. While the magnified image is displayed, you can use the top/bottom/left/right side of the control wheel to adjust which part of the image to magnify. Turn the control wheel to adjust the focus. You can also change the magnification scale by pressing the center of the control wheel.
- When you use [Peaking Setting], the outlines of in-focus ranges are enhanced using a specific color. This function allows you to check the focus easily.
- Manually set focus distances are cancelled when [Focus Mode] is reselected.
- The displayed focus distance is just a reference.