Listening to music from a device via Bluetooth connection
If your Bluetooth device supports the following profiles, you can enjoy listening to music and control the device from your headset via Bluetooth connection.
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
You can enjoy high-quality music wirelessly.
AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
You can adjust the volume, etc.
The operation may vary depending on the Bluetooth device. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth device.
Put the headset units into both ears.
See “Wearing the headset” to find out how to wear the headset in your ears.
Connect the headset to a Bluetooth device.
Operate the Bluetooth device to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- In the factory settings, when you listen to music while wearing both units of the headset, the headset will pause music playback if one or both units are removed. When you put the removed headset unit into your ear again, the headset will resume music playback.
- The headset supports SCMS-T content protection. You can enjoy music and other audio on the headset from a device such as a portable TV that supports SCMS-T content protection.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may be necessary to adjust the volume or set the audio output setting on the device.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
You can also listen to music by removing only one unit from the charging case and putting it into your ear.
When you are listening to music with only one unit, if you put the other unit into the other ear, you can listen to music with both units.
- In the factory settings, you cannot adjust the volume with the headset. When using the headset without the functions of the headset changed to [Volume Control] on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, adjust the volume on the connected device. The volume can also be adjusted on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- When the headset is connected to the USB transceiver and you are playing music on the computer, the volume cannot be adjusted on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- If the communication condition is poor, the Bluetooth device may react incorrectly to the operation on the headset.