Notes on memory card
- If (overheating warning icon) is displayed on the monitor, do not remove the memory card from the camera right away. Instead, wait for a while after turning off the camera, and then remove the memory card. If you touch the memory card while it is hot, you may drop it and the memory card may be damaged. Be careful when removing the memory card.
- If you repeatedly shoot and delete images for a long time, fragmentation of data in a file in the memory card may occur, and movie recording may be interrupted in the middle of shooting. If this happens, save your images to a computer or other storage location, then execute [Format] using this camera.
- Do not remove the battery pack or the memory card, disconnect the USB cable, or turn the camera off while the access lamp is lit up. This may cause the data on the memory card to become damaged.
- Be sure to back up the data for protection.
- Not all memory cards are guaranteed to operate correctly.
Images recorded on an SDXC/CFexpress Type A memory card cannot be imported to or played on computers or AV devices not compatible with exFAT when connected using a USB cable. Make sure that the device is compatible with exFAT before connecting it to the camera. If you connect your camera to an incompatible device, you may be prompted to format the card. Never format the card in response to this prompt, as doing so will erase all data on the card.
(exFAT is the file system used on SDXC memory cards or CFexpress Type A memory cards.)
- Do not expose the memory card to water.
- Do not strike, bend or drop the memory card.
- Do not use or store the memory card under the following conditions:
- High temperature locations such as in a car parked under the sun
- Locations exposed to direct sunlight
- Humid locations or locations with corrosive substances present
- If the memory card is used near areas with strong magnetization, or used in locations subject to static electricity or electrical noise, the data on the memory card may become damaged.
- Do not touch the terminal section of the memory card with your hand or a metal object.
- Do not leave the memory card within the reach of small children. They might accidentally swallow it.
- Do not disassemble or modify the memory card.
- The memory card may be hot just after it has been used for a long time. Be careful when you handle it.
- Memory card formatted with a computer is not guaranteed to operate with the product. Be sure to format the memory card using this product.
- Data read/write speeds differ depending on the combination of the memory card and the equipment used.
- Do not press down hard when writing in the memo space on the memory card.
- Do not attach a label on the memory card itself nor on a memory card adaptor. You may not be able to remove the memory card.
- If the write-protect switch or delete-protect switch of an SD memory card is set to the LOCK position, you cannot record or delete images. In this case, set the switch to the record position.
To use a microSD memory card with this product:
- Be sure to insert the memory card into a dedicated adaptor. If you insert a memory card into the product without a memory card adaptor, you might not be able to remove it from the product.
- When inserting a memory card into a memory card adaptor, be sure that the memory card is inserted in the correct direction and then insert it as far as it will go. If the card is not inserted properly, it may result in a malfunction.