While shooting a movie with auto focus, you can change the subject in focus by operating the focus ring of the lens.
- MENU → (Focus) → [AF/MF] → [AF Assist] → [On].
While shooting a movie with auto focus, turn the focus ring of the lens to focus on the intended subject.
When you stop operating the focus ring, the subject that is in focus with the focus ring becomes the autofocus target.
Menu item details
Uses the AF assist function.
Does not use the AF assist function.
- It will be easier to see which region is in focus if you use the [Peaking Display] or [Focus Map] function along with [AF Assist], making it easier for you to focus on the intended subject.
- Only subjects within the focus area are targeted by auto focus.
- The following lenses are not compatible with [AF Assist].
- SELP1650 (sold separately)
- SEL18200LE (sold separately)