You can manually optimize the image sensor (pixel mapping). Perform [Pixel Mapping] regularly according to the following procedure. We recommend that you perform the operation once every three days.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Setup Option] → select [Pixel Mapping].
- Attach the lens cap.
- Be sure to attach the lens cap.
- Select [OK] on the confirmation screen.
Pixel mapping will be performed.
- The camera cannot be operated during pixel mapping.
- The camera will restart when pixel mapping is complete.
- When you turn the camera on, a message to perform pixel mapping will occasionally be displayed. If the message is displayed, perform [Pixel Mapping].
- If you see bright spots in a recorded image on the camera monitor, immediately perform [Pixel Mapping].
- Pixel mapping cannot be performed when the battery is low.
- If [Pixel Mapping] is not performed regularly, bright spots may appear in recorded images.