Gamma Display Assist
Movies with S-Log3 gamma are assumed to be processed after shooting in order to make use of the wide dynamic range. Images with the HLG gamma are assumed to be displayed on HDR-compatible monitors. They are therefore displayed in low contrast during shooting, and may be difficult to monitor. However, you can use the [Gamma Display Assist] function to reproduce contrast equivalent to that of normal gamma. In addition, [Gamma Display Assist] can also be applied when playing back movies on the camera's monitor.
MENU → (Setup) → [Display Option] → [Gamma Display Assist] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Uses the gamma display assist function.
- Does not use the gamma display assist function.
- If you assign [Gamma Disp. Assist Sel.] to a desired key using [Custom Key/Dial Set.], [Custom Key/Dial Set.], or [Custom Key Setting], you can turn the gamma display assist function on or off by pressing the assigned key.
- [Gamma Display Assist] is not applied to movies when displayed on a TV or monitor connected to the camera.
[Gamma Display Assist] is locked to [Off] in the following situations:
- When [Log Shooting] is set to other than [Off]