GPS log (FDR-X3000/HDR-AS300)
You can record the location information and the movement speed while recording movies using the camera’s GPS function.
Action Cam Movie Creator allows you to import movies recorded with GPS log to your computer and view them with a map showing movement speed and tracking actions.
You can also record the location information and show the shooting location on the map when shooting still images.
Press the MENU button.
Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (GPS log) - setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- (Records movies with the GPS log or still images with location information)
- (Does not use the GPS log function)
Checking triangulating status
The indicator changes according to the strength of GPS signal reception when GPS is activated.
- No indicator (The GPS log functions is off): The GPS log is set to OFF or an error occurred.
- (Searching/Difficult): Your camera is searching for GPS satellites. (It may take several minutes to start triangulating.)
- (Triangulating): Your camera is receiving a GPS signal. (Your camera can record location information.)
About GPS assist data
The time for the GPS acquiring location information can be shortened by taking in GPS assist data. If connection via Internet is made using the software, Action Cam Movie Creator, the GPS assist data can be updated automatically.
- If the Date & time Setting of the camera is not set, or set time is shifted greatly, the time for the GPS acquiring location information cannot be shortened.
- If the term of validity of GPS assist data has run out, the time for the GPS acquiring location information cannot be shortened.
Using the support tool
You can also update the GPS assist data by inserting a memory card into the computer. Display the camera setting’s screen of Action Cam Movie Creator, select “Update GPS Assist Data” - the desired memory card drive to be installed on your computer, and then update the GPS assist data. If you insert this memory card into the camera, the GPS assist data will be reflected on the camera.
- During takeoff and landing of an airplane, set airplane mode to ON.
- Use GPS in accordance with the regulations of the place or situation.
- It may take from several tens of seconds to several minutes to record the location information when you use the GPS for the first time or use it again after long intervals. Triangulating time can be shortened by taking in GPS assist data.
- Do not cover the GPS sensor with your finger when searching for GPS satellites or when triangulating. This decreases the sensitivity of the GPS sensor and triangulation may fail.
- Sony does not collect location information and routing information.
- To display location information and routing information as a map on a computer, Sony provides data of location information and routing information to Google Inc.
- Although the camera does not have the function to delete log files, you can delete them by formatting the media.
- The maximum number of log files that can be recorded is 256/day. When the maximum number of recorded log files is reached, you can continue to shoot images, but cannot record log files.