When the camera and corresponding devices have Wi-Fi connections, the camera can communicate with the corresponding devices via Bluetooth. The mutual registration process that allows the devices (the camera and corresponding device) to communicate with each other via Bluetooth is called “pairing.” Once pairing is complete, these devices can automatically communicate via Bluetooth when they are connected again.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (Bluetooth setting) - setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- (Bluetooth communication enabled. or is displayed on the screen.)
- (No Bluetooth communication. Bluetooth icon does not appear on the screen.)
Pairing with the smartphone
Perform the following operations with the camera and a smartphone that is connected via Wi-Fi.
For connecting the camera to your smartphone, see “Connecting to your smartphone”.
- Turn on the Bluetooth setting on the smartphone.
- Start PlayMemories Mobile application on the smartphone.
- Use the application to turn on the remote power function of the camera.
- Use the application to select the camera to be connected.
- On the application screen that appears, allow pairing for the selected camera.
- Check the screen to be displayed and the sound prompting the pairing setting permission of the selected camera, then press the REC/ENTER button on the camera.
After pairing is complete, a sound is heard.
- The default Bluetooth setting for the camera is ON. When the Live-View Remote (RM-LVR3) is connected to Wi-Fi for the first time, Bluetooth pairing with the camera is automatically completed, and the icon displayed on the camera screen switches to .
- When Airplane mode is ON, the Bluetooth icon does not appear on the screen, and Bluetooth communications are disabled, even if the Bluetooth setting is ON.
- The camera can be paired with up to 15 Bluetooth devices. If a 16th device is paired with the camera, the pairing information of the first registered device is deleted.
- When the camera is communicating via Bluetooth, another device cannot be paired.
- When the camera is initialized, the pairing information is also reset. To pair again, the pairing information of the connected compatible device should also be deleted.
- When pairing is performed while shooting with the camera, a sound will not be heard.