Performing the Wi-Fi setting on a smartphone via QR Code (iPhone/iPad)
Perform preparation for connecting to your smartphone before connecting.
- Press the MENU button on the camera.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (Wi-Fi connection setting) - , then press the REC/ENTER button.
- Select the shooting mode (///).
- Start PlayMemories Mobile on the smartphone.
- Select [Scan QR Code of the Camera] on the PlayMemories Mobile.
- Select [OK] (Select [OK] again when a message is displayed.)
- Scan the QR Code that is printed on a sticker attached to the rear of the camera's battery cover.
- According to the instruction on the screen, complete the installation of profile (setting information).
If asked for the passcode, enter the iPhone/iPad passcode.
- On the Home screen, select the [Settings] - [Wi-Fi].
- Select the SSID that is printed on a sticker attached to the rear of the camera's battery cover.
- Return to the Home screen, then start PlayMemories Mobile.
- When Airplane mode is set to ON, the Wi-Fi function is not available.
- Depending on local electrical interference or the smartphone’s capabilities, the live view images may not be displayed smoothly.
- When operating multiple cameras with a connected device, you cannot set the Wi-Fi on a smartphone via QR Code.