Charging the battery pack
- Turn off the power of the camera.
- Charging is not possible when the camera is turned on.
- Open the connector cover, connect the camera to an activated computer with the micro USB cable (supplied).
- The CHG (Charge) lamp lights in amber.
: Connector cover
: Micro USB cable
: CHG (Charge) lamp
- When charging is finished, disconnect the micro USB cable between the camera and the computer.
- Charging is complete when the CHG (Charge) lamp turns off (full charge).
The time takes for charging
Supplied battery pack (NP-BX1)
- Via a computer: Approx. 265 minutes
* Time required to charge a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25°C (77°F). Charging may take longer under certain circumstances or conditions.
Checking the remaining battery charge
A remaining charge indicator appears on the upper right of the display panel.
The displayed remaining charge indicator may not be correct under certain circumstances.
- It takes about one minute until the correct remaining charge indicator appears.
- You can use only type X battery with this camera.
- Turn off the camera while charging the battery. The charging stops when you turn on the camera while charging.
- Do not apply force to the camera when you connect the camera to a computer. This may cause damage to the camera or the computer.
- When you connect the camera to a notebook computer that is not connected to an AC power source, the battery of the notebook computer may be depleted rapidly. Do not leave the camera connected to the computer for a long time.
- Charging the battery pack or the connection with customized or hand-built computers is not guaranteed. Depending on the type of USB device used, charging may not function properly.
- Operation with all computers is not assured.
- If you do not intend to use the camera for an extended period, charge the camera once every 6 to 12 months or remove the battery pack from the camera to maintain battery performance.
- Rapid charging is possible by using the AC adaptor (sold separately). To connect the AC adaptor, use the micro USB cable (supplied).