Wi-Fi Hi power setting
When you switch the Wi-Fi power setting, the communication distance between the camera and a Live-View Remote* connected via Wi-Fi can be extended by about two times, so you can operate the camera with the Live-View Remote from a distance.
This setting is only available in some countries and regions.
* When using RM-LVR3.
Press the MENU button.
Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (Wi-Fi Hi power setting) - setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- (High power mode. The communication distance is longer than in standard mode)
- (Standard mode)
- When set to ON, depending on the physical environment and the distance between the camera and the Live-View Remote, you may not be able to use the Live-View Remote to turn the camera on/off. In such cases, operate the Live-View Remote closer to the camera until on the screen changes to .
Depending on the physical environment and connected device, the communication distance will be changed.
- When the Wi-Fi Hi power setting is set to ON, the battery is consumed faster than when set to OFF.
- The Wi-Fi icon may not be displayed on the screen immediately after switching the Wi-Fi Hi power setting, but the icon of the switched setting will be displayed after a moment.
- This function cannot be used when the Wi-Fi setting is OFF or when airplane mode is ON.