Bluetooth remote controller power setting
A device that has already been paired with the camera is able to turn the camera on and off.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (Bluetooth remote controller power setting) - setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- (Ability to turn the camera on/off with a corresponding device is enabled.)
- (Ability to turn the camera on/off with a corresponding device is disabled.)
To enable this function, it is necessary to turn on the above setting and the Bluetooth setting of both the camera and the corresponding device in advance.
For setting and operating the Live-View Remote (RM-LVR3), refer to “Bluetooth remote controller power setting” in the help guide of the Live-View Remote.
For setting up and operating a smartphone, see below. Also, check the latest information and function information of the PlayMemories Mobile as well.
Bluetooth remote controller power setting for smartphones
Perform the following operations with the camera and a smartphone that is connected via Wi-Fi.
For connecting the camera to your smartphone, see “Connecting to your smartphone”.
- Turn on the Bluetooth setting on the smartphone.
- Start PlayMemories Mobile application on the smartphone.
- Use the application to turn on the remote power function of the camera.
- Use the application to select the camera to be connected.
- On the application screen that appears, allow pairing for the selected camera.
- Check the screen to be displayed and the sound prompting the pairing setting permission of the selected camera, then press the REC/ENTER button on the camera.
After pairing complete a sound is heard and power operation of the camera is enabled.
Operating the power of the camera with a smartphone
To turn the camera on/off, start PlayMemories Mobile and tap [Camera Remote Power ON/OFF].
- If the camera and Live-View Remote “RM-LVR3” are connected, the power of the camera is turned on when the power of the Live-View Remote is turned on. When the camera has a multi connection with a Live-View Remote “RM-LVR3”, up to five cameras can be turned on simultaneously when the Live-View Remote is turned on.
- This function cannot be used when the airplane mode is ON.
- Even if camera is turned off, the corresponding device will remain on.
- Even if the camera is turned off, battery will consume when this function is turned on. After use, remove the battery from the camera for storage.