Selects the metering mode that sets which part of the screen to measure for determining the exposure.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Metering Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Measures light on each area after dividing the total area into multiple areas and determines the proper exposure of the entire screen (Multi-pattern metering).
- Measures the average brightness of the entire screen, while emphasizing the central area of the screen (Center-weighted metering).
- Measures only the central area (Spot metering). This function is useful when the subject is backlit or when there is strong contrast between the subject and the background.
- The setting is fixed to [Multi] in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]