When you press the (Enter) button, the camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and continues to track the subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [button Lock-on AF] → [On].
- Align the target frame (A) over the subject and press the (Enter) button.
Press the (Enter) button again to stop tracking.
- If the camera loses track of the subject, it can detect when the subject reappears on the monitor and resume tracking.
- Press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button fully down to shoot the image.
- [button Lock-on AF] may not function very well in the following situations:
- The subject is moving too quickly.
- The subject is too small, or too large.
- The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- It is dark.
- The ambient light changes.
- Lock-on AF does not work in the following situations:
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode
- During movie shooting
- The camera may not be able to resume tracking for a while after it loses the track of the subject.