Notes on the battery pack
Charging the battery pack
- Charge the battery pack (supplied) before using the product for the first time.
- The charged battery pack will discharge little by little even if you do not use it. Charge the battery pack each time before you use the product so that you do not miss any opportunities to shoot images.
- You can charge the battery pack even if it is not completely discharged. You can use a partially charged battery pack.
- If the charge lamp flashes when the battery pack is not fully charged, remove the battery pack or disconnect the USB cable from the camera and then reinsert it to recharge.
- We recommend charging the battery pack at an ambient temperature between 10°C and 30°C (50°F and 86°F). The battery pack may not charge normally at temperatures outside this range.
- When you connect this product and a laptop computer that is not connected to a power source, the laptop’s battery charge may decrease. Do not charge this product using the laptop computer for too long.
- Do not turn on/restart a computer, wake a computer from sleep mode, or turn off a computer while this product is connected to the computer via USB cable. Doing so may cause a malfunction of this product. Disconnect the product and the computer before performing the above operations.
- We do not guarantee charging if you are using a self-built or modified computer.
Charging time (Full charge)
The charging time is approximately 135 minutes using the AC adaptor (supplied).
The above charging time applies when charging a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25 °C (77 °F). Charging may take longer depending on conditions of use and circumstances.
Effective use of the battery pack
- Battery performance decreases in low temperature environments. So in cold places, the operational time of the battery pack is shorter. To ensure longer battery pack use, we recommend putting the battery pack in your pocket close to your body to warm it up, and insert it in the product immediately before you start shooting. If there are any metal objects such as keys in your pocket, be careful of causing a short-circuit.
- The battery pack will become depleted more quickly if you use the continuous shooting function frequently, turn the power on/off frequently, or set the monitor to be very bright.
- We recommend preparing spare battery packs and taking trial shots before taking the actual shots.
- Do not expose the battery pack to water. The battery pack is not water-resistant.
- Do not leave the battery pack in extremely hot places, such as in a car or under direct sunlight.
- If the battery terminal is dirty, you may not be able to turn on the product or the battery pack may not be properly charged. In that case, clean the battery by lightly wiping off any dust using a soft cloth or a cotton swab.
Remaining battery indicator
- The remaining battery indicator appears on the screen.
A: Battery level high
B: Battery exhausted
- It takes about one minute for the correct remaining battery indicator to appear.
- The correct remaining battery indicator may not be displayed under some operating or environmental conditions.
- If you do not operate the product for a certain period of time while the power is on, the product turns off automatically (Auto power-off function).
- If the remaining battery time does not appear on the screen, press the DISP (Display Setting) button to display it.
How to store the battery pack
- To maintain the battery pack’s function, charge the battery pack and then fully discharge it in the product at least once a year before storing it. Remove the battery pack from the camera and store the battery in a cool, dry place.
- To use the battery pack up, leave the product in slide show playback mode until the power goes off.
- To prevent staining the terminal, short-circuiting, etc., be sure to use a plastic bag to keep away from metal materials when carrying or storing the battery pack.
On battery life
- The battery life is limited. If you use the same battery repeatedly, or use the same battery for a long period, the battery capacity decreases gradually. If the available time of the battery is shortened significantly, it is probably time to replace the battery pack with a new one.
- The battery life varies according to how the battery pack is stored and the operating conditions and environment in which each battery pack is used.