Superior Auto (still image)
The camera shoots with automatic scene recognition. This mode takes clear images of dark or backlit scenes.For low-lit or backlit scenes, if necessary the camera may shoot multiple images and create a composite image, etc., to record higher quality images than in Intelligent Auto mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Shoot Mode] → [Superior Auto].
- Point the camera to the subject.When the camera recognizes a scene, the scene recognition icon appears on the screen. If necessary, (overlay icon) may appear.
- Press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button halfway down to focus, and then press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button fully down to take the picture.
- When the product is used to create composite images, the recording process takes longer than usual.
- When the (overlay icon) is displayed, be sure not to move the camera before the multiple shots are recorded.
- The product may not properly recognize a scene under some shooting conditions.
- When [Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG], the product cannot create a composite image.