If “PROTECT” appears on the display panel, the receiver will automatically turn off after a few seconds. Check the following:
- There may be an electrical surge or power failure. Unplug the AC power cord (mains lead) and then plug in the cord again after 30 minutes.
- The receiver may be covered and the ventilation holes are blocked. Remove the object covering the ventilation holes of the receiver.
- Disconnect all of the speakers and subwoofer.
- Check that the speaker wires are tightly twisted on both ends.
- Connect the front speaker first, plug in the AC power cord (mains lead) and turn on the receiver. Increase the volume level and operate the receiver for at least 30 minutes until it completely warms up. Then, connect each additional speaker one by one and test each additional speaker until you detect which speaker is causing the protection error.
- The impedance of the connected speakers may be below the rated impedance range indicated on the back panel of the receiver. Connect speakers whose impedance falls within the range.
- After checking the above items and fixing any problems, turn on the receiver. If the problem persists, consult your nearest Sony dealer.