Listening to sound from a BLUETOOTH device (Pairing operation)
Pairing is an operation where BLUETOOTH devices are registered to each other before connection. Once a pairing operation is performed, it does not need to be performed again.
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of the receiver.
- Press BLUETOOTH PAIRING to activate the pairing mode of the receiver.
“PAIRING” will appear on the display panel and the BLUETOOTH indicator on the front panel will flash quickly.
- Perform pairing on the BLUETOOTH device to detect this receiver.
Perform this step within five minutes after step 2 is completed, or else pairing will be canceled. In this case, repeat step 2.
For details, refer to the operating instructions of your BLUETOOTH device.
A list of detected devices may appear on the BLUETOOTH device display depending on the type of BLUETOOTH device. This receiver is displayed as “STR-DH790”.
- Select “STR-DH790” on the BLUETOOTH device display.
If “STR-DH790” is not displayed, repeat this process from step 1.
- Make sure that the connection is completed and that the BLUETOOTH indicator has stopped flashing and remains lit up.
The paired device name appears on the display panel.
Start playback on the BLUETOOTH device.
Adjust the volume.
Adjust the volume of the BLUETOOTH device first. If the volume level is still too low, adjust the volume level of the receiver.
Canceling pairing operation
Select an input other than [BT].
- If the BLUETOOTH device does not support the AVRCP profile, you cannot perform playback or other operations on the receiver.
- If a passkey is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device in step 5, enter . The passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- You can pair up to 10 BLUETOOTH devices. If a 11th BLUETOOTH device is paired, the least recently connected device will be replaced by the new one.
- You can also activate the pairing mode of the receiver by pressing BLUETOOTH on the receiver.
- On some types of BLUETOOTH devices, you can adjust the volume using the controls of the BLUETOOTH device.
- You can check the BLUETOOTH device information by pressing DISPLAY repeatedly.
Each time you press DISPLAY, the display will change cyclically as follows:
BLUETOOTH - BLUETOOTH device name - BLUETOOTH device address - Sound field currently applied - Volume level