Enjoying content of a connected device without turning on the receiver “STBY.THRU”
This function allows you to enjoy the sound and image of a connected device without turning on the receiver.
This operation is only available using the display panel on the front of the receiver.
- Press AMP MENU.
- Select “<HDMI>” - “STBY.THRU” on the display panel.
- Select the setting you want.
- ON: The receiver continuously outputs HDMI signals from the HDMI TV OUT jack when in standby mode. Sony recommends this setting if you are using a TV that is not manufactured by Sony.
- AUTO: The receiver outputs HDMI signals to the TV from the HDMI TV OUT jack when the TV is turned on while the receiver is in the standby mode. This setting saves power in the standby mode compared to the “ON” setting.
- OFF: The receiver does not output HDMI signals from the HDMI TV OUT jack when in standby mode. Turn on the receiver if you want to enjoy content of the connected device on the TV.
This setting saves power in the standby mode compared to the “ON” setting.
- When the receiver is in standby mode, the power indicator on the front panel lights up in red if “STBY.THRU” is set to “ON” or “AUTO”.
- When “AUTO” is selected, it may take a little more time for the image and sound to be output to the TV than when “ON” is selected.
- “AUTO” may work on devices other than ones manufactured by Sony. However, operation is not guaranteed.