What is “BRAVIA” Sync?
“BRAVIA” Sync is an extended function developed by Sony based on the Control for HDMI (*1) function. By connecting “BRAVIA” Sync-compatible devices, such as a TV or a Blu-ray Disc player, using an HDMI cable (*2) (not supplied) you can control the devices with the TV remote control. The following functions can be used with “BRAVIA” Sync.
- Turning off the receiver and connected devices simultaneously with the TV (System Power Off function) “STBY.LINK”
- Enjoying TV sound from the speakers connected to the receiver (System Audio Control function)
- Enjoying sound from a TV compatible with the eARC or ARC function
- Enjoying an input source from a connected device immediately (One-Touch Play function)
- Operating the receiver menu using the TV remote control (Remote Easy Control function)
- Enjoying content of a connected device without turning on the receiver “STBY.THRU”
- Selecting the optimum sound field automatically (Sound Mode/Scene Select function) “S.F. SYNC”
- About Home Theatre Control function
- About Language Follow function
*1 Control for HDMI is a standard used by CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specification that enables interoperability of connected devices for HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connections.
*2 Sony recommends a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps.
- Functions such as System Power Off, System Audio Control, One-Touch Play, and Remote Easy Control may be used with devices other than ones manufactured by Sony that support the Control for HDMI function, but operation is not guaranteed.