Setting the HDMI audio signal output of connected devices “AUDIO.OUT”
You can set the HDMI audio signal output of playback devices connected to the receiver via an HDMI connection.
This operation is only available using the display panel on the front of the receiver.
- Press AMP MENU.
- Select “<HDMI>” - “AUDIO.OUT” on the display panel.
- Select the setting you want.
- AMP: HDMI audio signals from playback devices are only output to the speakers connected to the receiver. Multi-channel sound can be played back as it is.
- TV+AMP: The sound is output from the speaker of the TV and the speakers connected to the receiver.
- Audio signals are not output from the speaker of the TV when “AUDIO.OUT” is set to “AMP”.
- When “TV+AMP ” is selected, the audio formats, number of channels, sampling frequency, bit length, etc. that can be output from the playback devices and input to the TV through the receiver are limited to those supported by the TV. If the TV only supports stereo audio, the sound output from the receiver will also be in stereo, even if you play back a multi-channel audio source.
- When you connect the receiver to a video device (projector, etc.), sound may not be output from the receiver. In this case, select “AMP”.
- When you select “TV+AMP,” only sound from the HDMI IN jacks is output from the speaker of the TV.