How can I enjoy Dolby Atmos playback?
To enjoy Dolby Atmos playback, perform all of the following operations:
Connect the ceiling speakers or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers to the SPEAKERS SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT (FRONT B/BI-AMP) terminals on the rear of the receiver.
For details on speaker connections, refer to the supplied Operating Instructions.
When using a TV and Blu-ray Disc™ player with the receiver, connect the TV to the HDMI TV OUT (eARC/ARC) jack, and connect the Blu-ray Disc player to the HDMI IN jack on the receiver.
Be sure to use a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet. For details on connecting TVs or AV devices, refer to the supplied Operating Instructions.
Set the speaker pattern according to your speaker configuration.
To set the speaker pattern using the TV screen:
- Select [Easy Setup] from the home menu.
- Select [Assign Surround Back Terminals], and then select [Height Speakers] on the next screen.
- Set [Speaker Pattern] to [x.x.2ch] (i.e. [5.1.2ch], [4.1.2ch], etc.).
- Set [Front High/Top/Dolby Speakers] to [Top Middle Speakers] or [Front Dolby Speakers].
- Complete Auto Calibration by following the on-screen instructions.
To set the speaker pattern using the display panel:
- Press AMP MENU, and then set “<SPKR>” - “PATTERN” to “x.x.2” (i.e. “5.1.2”, “4.1.2”, etc.).
- Set “<SPKR>” - “HEIGHT” to “TM” (top middle speakers) or “FD” (front Dolby Atmos enabled speakers).
Select the sound field on the receiver using either of the following operations.
- Press 2CH/MULTI repeatedly on the remote control or on the receiver to select “A.F.D.”.
- Select [Sound Effect] - [Sound Field] from the home menu, and then select [2CH/MULTI: Auto Format Decoding].
Be sure to use a disc with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack. Movies and other content with Dolby Atmos soundtracks are sold as Blu-ray Discs. Make sure the Dolby Atmos logo is printed on the disc you want to watch.
Check the settings on the Blu-ray Disc player.
Depending on the settings of the playback device, the content may not be played back in the Dolby Atmos format. If you are using a Blu-ray Disc player manufactured by Sony, set [Audio Settings] - [BD Audio MIX Setting] to [Off].
Select a Dolby Atmos-compatible audio or language setting on a Blu-ray Disc.