Connecting devices with HDMI jacks
Connect devices to the receiver as illustrated below.
Before connecting cables, be sure to disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead).
All HDMI jacks on the receiver support High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System Revision 2.2 (HDCP 2.2). To watch content protected by HDCP 2.2, such as 4K content, connect these HDMI jacks to jacks that support HDCP 2.2 on the TV and AV device. Refer to the operating instructions of the connected device for details.
HDMI cable (not supplied)
Super Audio CD player, CD player
Blu-ray Disc™ Player, DVD player
4K Media Player
Game console such as PlayStation 4
- The HDMI IN 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 jacks support bandwidths of up to 18 Gbps when [HDMI Signal Format] in the [HDMI Setup] menu is set to [Enhanced format], and bandwidths of up to 9 Gbps when [HDMI Signal Format] in the [HDMI Setup] menu is set to [Standard format].
- The HDMI IN 6 (GAME) jack supports bandwidths of up to 9 Gbps.
- Sony recommends that you use an HDMI-authorized cable or HDMI cable made by Sony. Be sure to use a High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet. Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps is required for 4K/60p 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4K/60p 4:2:0 10 bit, etc.
- This HDMI connection is an example. You can connect each HDMI device to any HDMI input, including the HDMI input on the front panel.
- The image quality depends on the connecting jack. We recommend that you connect your devices via an HDMI connection if they have HDMI jacks.