Notes on installing the receiver
- Do not install the appliance in a confined space, such as a bookcase.
- Sufficient space around the receiver is needed to release heat. When placing the receiver in a rack, leave more than 44.45 mm (1.75 in) space above the receiver, and more than 44.45 mm (1.75 in) space along the sides of the receiver. The rack behind the receiver should be open. If you place the receiver with its back against the wall, leave more than 88.9 mm (3.5 in) space between the receiver and the wall.
- Make sure to use a “WS-RE1” dedicated rack mount kit for this receiver when mounting the receiver on a rack mount.
- Place the receiver in a location with adequate ventilation to prevent heat buildup and prolong the life of the receiver.
- Do not place the receiver near heat sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust, or mechanical shock.
- Do not place anything on top of the cabinet that might block the ventilation holes and cause malfunctions.
- Magnets are attached to both the front panel and front cover. Do not place cards with magnetic stripes, such as bank cards or ID passes, near the receiver. These cards may become unusable due to the effects of the magnets on the receiver.