Adjusting the speaker size (Size)
You can adjust the size of each speaker (front left/right, center, surround left/right, surround back left/right, height1 left/right, height2 left/right).
Select [Setup] - [Speaker Setup] from the home menu.
Select the speaker on the screen for which you want to adjust the size.
Select the size you want.
- Large: If you connect large speakers that will effectively reproduce bass frequencies, select [Large]. Select [Large] usually.
- Small: If the sound is distorted, or you hear a lack of surround effects when using multi channel surround sound, select [Small]. You can activate the bass redirection circuitry and output the bass frequencies of each channel from the subwoofer or other [Large] speakers.
- The surround back speakers will be set to the same setting as that of the surround speakers.
- When the front speakers are set to [Small], the center, surround, surround back, height1 and height2 speakers are also automatically set to [Small].
- If you do not use the subwoofer, the front speakers are automatically set to [Large].