Operating the Speaker System by Interlocking with a TV (Control for HDMI Function)
Connecting a TV compatible with the Control for HDMI function using an HDMI cable enables you to interlock the speaker system operation such as power on/off or volume adjustment with a TV.
About the Control for HDMI function
The Control for HDMI function is a function that enables operation of devices connected with an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) cable by interlocking them.
Although this function works for devices compatible with the Control for HDMI function, it may not work if connecting devices other than those manufactured by Sony.
Preparing to operate by interlocking with a TV
Enable the Control for HDMI function settings of the TV connected to the speaker system with an HDMI cable.
The default setting of the Control for HDMI function of the speaker system is [On].
- When connecting a device such as a Blu-ray Disc player to a TV with an HDMI cable, enable its Control for HDMI function.
- To enable the Control for HDMI function of a TV or Blu-ray Disc player, refer to their operating instructions.
- If you enable the Control for HDMI (“BRAVIA” sync) function when using a TV manufactured by Sony, the Control for HDMI function of the speaker system is also enabled automatically. When the setting is complete, [DONE] appears in the front panel display.
Performing power operation or volume adjustment by a TV remote control
When turning the TV on/off or adjusting the volume using the TV remote control, the speaker system power operation or volume adjustment is interlocked.
TV remote control
When you turn on or off the TV, the speaker system will turn on or off automatically.
- If you turn off the speaker system before turning off the TV, the speaker system may not turn on automatically even though you turn on the TV next time. In this case, perform the following operation.
- Select the speaker system for the sound output device in the TV menu.
- When using Sony TV, turn on the speaker system while the TV is turned on.
The sound of the TV you are watching is output from the speaker system automatically. You can adjust the speaker system volume by the TV remote control.
Other interlocking functions
Menu operation by TV remote control
You can operate the menu of the speaker system by selecting the name of the speaker system when changing input or operating the Sync Menu on the TV.
- Some Sony TVs support the Sync Menu. Refer to the operating instructions of your TV to see if your TV supports the Sync Menu.
When you change the language for the on-screen display of the TV, the speaker system’s on-screen display language is also changed.
One-touch play function
When you play content on a Blu-ray Disc player or “PlayStation®4,” etc. connected to the TV, the speaker system and TV are turned on automatically.
- You can change the Control for HDMI settings by selecting [Setup] - [Advanced Settings] - [HDMI Settings] on the home menu.