On BLUETOOTH Communication
BLUETOOTH devices should be used within approximately 10 meters (33 feet) (unobstructed distance) of each other. The effective communication range may become shorter under the following conditions.
- When a person, metal object, wall or other obstruction is between the devices with a BLUETOOTH connection
- Locations where a wireless LAN is installed
- Around microwave ovens that are in use
- Locations where other electromagnetic waves occur
BLUETOOTH devices and wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) use the same frequency band (2.4 GHz). When using your BLUETOOTH device near a device with wireless LAN capability, electromagnetic interference may occur. This could result in lower data transfer rates, noise, or inability to connect. If this happens, try the following remedies:
- Use this speaker system at least 10 meters (33 feet) away from the wireless LAN device.
- Turn off the power to the wireless LAN device when using your BLUETOOTH device within 10 meters (33 feet).
- Install this speaker system and BLUETOOTH device as closer to each other as possible.
- The radio waves broadcast by this speaker system may interfere with the operation of some medical devices. Since this interference may result in malfunction, always turn off the power on this speaker system and BLUETOOTH device in the following locations:
- In hospitals, on trains, in airplanes, at gas stations, and any place where flammable gasses may be present
- Near automatic doors or fire alarms
- This speaker system supports security functions that comply with the BLUETOOTH specification to ensure secure connection during communication using BLUETOOTH technology. However, this security may be insufficient depending on the setting content and other factors, so always be careful when performing communication using BLUETOOTH technology.
- Sony cannot be held liable in any way for damages or other loss resulting from information leaks during communication using BLUETOOTH technology.
- BLUETOOTH communication is not necessarily guaranteed with all BLUETOOTH devices that have the same profile as this speaker system.
- BLUETOOTH devices connected with this speaker system must comply with the BLUETOOTH specification prescribed by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified to comply. However, even when a device complies with the BLUETOOTH specification, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the BLUETOOTH device make it impossible to connect, or may result in different control methods, display or operation.
- Noise may occur or the audio may cut off depending on the BLUETOOTH device connected with this speaker system, the communications environment, or surrounding conditions.
If you have any questions or problems concerning your speaker system, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.