Supported HDMI Video Formats
Video formats supported by this speaker system are as follows.
8K 24/25/30/50/60 Hz
4K 24/25/30/50/60/100/120 Hz
1080p 24/25/30/50/60/100/120 Hz
1080i 50/60 Hz
720p 24/30/50/60 Hz
576p 50 Hz
480p 60 Hz
About the [HDMI Signal Format] setting
When [Setup] - [Advanced Settings] - [HDMI Settings] - [HDMI Signal Format] is set to [Enhanced format (4K120, 8K)], all video formats supported by this speaker system can be input.
When [HDMI Signal Format] is set to [Enhanced format], the video format is limited to 4K 60Hz 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc.
When [HDMI Signal Format] is set to [Standard format], the video format is limited to 4K 60Hz 4:2:0, 4K 24Hz, etc.
About the HDMI cable to use
Use the supplied HDMI cable to connect to a TV.
When using an Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable that supports 48 Gbps, it supports all video formats supported by this speaker system.
When using a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps, it supports video formats up to 4K 60Hz 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc.
About the 3D signal
The following video format is compatible with 3D signal in Side-by-Side (Half) format.
- 1080i 50/60 Hz
The following video formats are compatible with 3D signal in Frame packing and Over-Under (Top-and Bottom) format.
- 1080p 24 Hz
- 720p 50/60 Hz
About the OPTIONS button and the On-Screen Display (OSD) of the speaker system
In the case of the following signals, the OPTIONS button does not work and the On-Screen Display (OSD) of the speaker system is not displayed.
- The signal with resolution of 4096 × 2160p
- The 3D signal in Side-by-Side (Half) format or Over-Under (Top-and-Bottom) format
Notes on HDMI jack and HDMI connections
- Use an HDMI-authorized cable.
- We do not recommend using an HDMI-DVI conversion cable.
- Audio signals (sampling frequency, bit length, etc.) transmitted from an HDMI jack may be suppressed by the connected device.
- Sound may be interrupted when the sampling frequency or the number of channels of audio output signals from the playback device is switched.
- When [Setup] - [Advanced Settings] - [HDMI Settings] - [Video output for PIP/PBP-displayed TV] is set to [On] and TV input is selected, video signals via the HDMI IN 1 or HDMI IN 2 jack are output from the HDMI OUT (TV (eARC/ARC)) jack.
- This speaker system supports “TRILUMINOS.”
- All HDMI IN 1, HDMI IN 2, and HDMI OUT (TV (eARC/ARC)) jacks support transmission of 4K 120p or 8K, HDCP2.2 and HDCP2.3(*1), BT.2020 wide color spaces(*2), and HDR (High Dynamic Range)(*3) contents pass-through.
- When connecting to a TV which resolution is different from that of the speaker system, the speaker system may restart to reset the picture output setting.
*1 HDCP2.2 and HDCP2.3 are newly enhanced copyright protection technology that is used to protect content such as 4K movies. If the device is compatible with HDCP2.2 or HDCP2.3, you can watch contents even if the HDCP version is different, such as an HDCP2.2 compatible TV and an HDCP2.3 compatible 4K device.
*2 BT.2020 color space is a new wider color standard that is defined for ultra-high definition television systems, etc.
*3 HDR is an emerging video format that can display a wider range of brightness levels. The speaker system is compatible with HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision.